Categories: Featured, Music, Social Media
Written By: Niecee
Reasons why I will choose The Voice over American Idol any day
I’m usually not a fan of contestant entertainment shows like American Idol or America’s Best Dance Crew, so for the producers to catch my attention and have me DVRing every episode every night they must be doing a good job.
Here’s why The Voice has my attention:
1) It’s All About The Vocals. The fact that the coaches have their backs turned and then turn around their chairs to choose someone on their teams based off of the voice they heard, shows they’re really looking for talent and not just looks.
2) Cut The Multiple City Auditions Crap. Seriously American Idol producers, cut the failed auditions crap. Just get to the meat of it, people who can really sing. We live in an A.D.D. nation.
3) Cameo Celebrity Mentors. Umm hi Reba, Monica, Sia, and Adam! Thanks for helping these coaches to give them a 2nd opinion.
4) #TheVoice. Way to step it up NBC on the social media. Hashtaggin and plugging tweets here and there. Nice to see you made a top trending topic on Twitter on premiere day without having to pay for it.
5) Battle it Out. It’s only been the first round and first episode of the battles, but if any of them are like the battle between Nikki & Vicci, then it’s only a matter of time before The Voice releases an album of all the contestants singing covers and touring across the nation.
Keep it up #TheVoice!
Oh BTW did anyone notice how the younger contestants weren’t familiar with Elvis’ “Burning Love” or Fleetwood Mac’s “Leather & Lace?”